Spine Services at Parker Adventist Hospital
Parker Adventist Hospital's spine and neurosurgery services team cares for patients with most types of routine to complex orthopaedic or neurologic disorders. Patients who receive early, aggressive and appropriate treatment for their individual condition greatly increase their chance of successful outcomes and enjoy:
- Improved quality of life
- A more rapid return to daily activities such as work, family, school and leisure time
- Improved productivity and reduced economic drain at work
- Decreased disability and chronic pain
- Decreased need for narcotics
- Reduced number of inpatient hospital stays and utilization of the healthcare delivery system
- Decreased duplication of services
- Fewer incidents of unwarranted procedures and Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
- Increased satisfaction with healthcare providers
Dr. Scott Stanley - Renaissance Mazor
Parker Adventist Hospital spine surgeon, Dr. Scott Stanley, discusses how the Mazor Renaissance is providing laserlike precision to delicate back surgeries. Dr. Stanley explains how this new robot helps improve accuracy and reduce complications.
Spine Surgery - Carrie's Story - Parker Adventist Hospital
How do you bounce back from spinal surgery? Carrie chose to ride horses. It's hard to keep Carrie down; she proved that 15 years ago, recovering from a serious car accident. But over time, she began to experience extreme pain and numbness throughout her body. Soon, the bubbly, energetic Carrie was nowhere to be found. So she met with Dr. Scott Stanley, an orthopedic spine surgeon at Parker Adventist Hospital. He quickly discovered profound damage to her spine, and performed a highly specialized surgical procedure using stem cell technology. Today, Carrie is back in the saddle enjoying life, pain-free. That's why Parker Adventist Hospital is here.
Medical Information on Spine Treatments
Dr. Stanley, Medical Director of the Spine Program at Parker Adventist Hospital, offers information on conservative approaches and surgical procedures to treat spinal conditions.