• Patient Grievances

  • Patient Grievance Process

    Our priority is for you to have a positive patient experience. If you have concerns, please notify your immediate care giver, their department manager or administrative staff.

    Note: The Patient Grievance Process excludes Patient Account/Billing issues. These issues should be referred to Centura Patient Financial Services at 888-269-7001.

    STEP 1: If hospitalized and if your concerns are not being resolved by those you have been in contact with, please call the Patient Care Representative/Advocate. During after-hours and/or weekends/holidays, please dial the hospital operator "O" and ask to speak with the Nursing Administrative Supervisor, who will seek resolution of your issues.

    When we are unable to resolve issues at the time of the complaint, we follow a grievance process. If determined to be a grievance, the hospital Patient Representative/Advocate, urgent care/emergency center manager, or home care/hospice manager or their designees will provide you written notice of the resolution of the grievance. The written notice will include steps taken on your behalf to investigate the grievance, results of the grievance process, the date of completion and the appropriate hospital contact person.

    Note: Resolution is defined by the patient/family member, and may include a meeting with all involved parties.

    If your care was received in a hospital, urgent care, emergency department, hospice or home care, you may also contact The Health Facilities Division of the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment or the Kansas Department of Health and Environment directly regardless of whether you first used the facility’s complaint and grievance process.

    The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
    4300 Cherry Creek Drive South Denver, CO 80222-1530
    Phone: 303-692-2827

    The Kansas Department of Health and Environment
    1000 SW Jackson, Topeka, Kansas 66612
    Phone: 785-296-1500

    For reporting complaints related to race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, religion, creed, ancestry, sexual orientation, and marital status, please follow the Office of Civil Rights Procedures listed below

    STEP 2: If your care was received in a hospital, urgent care, emergency department, hospice or home care you are dissatisfied with the resolution, the matter will be referred for an independent second level review within 3 working days. This second level review will be referred to the Chief Executive Officer(CEO)/Chief Operations Officer (COO) or administrative designee. The CEO/COO or designee will further investigate the issue and provide results to you in writing within 7 days. (If the investigation requires more than 7 days, you will be notified for the reason of this delay and when you can expect a response.) If it is your preference that a second level internal review not be performed the Patient Representative/Advocate can facilitate a referral to the Colorado Department of Public Health, on your behalf .

    If you received care in a hospital, hospital emergency department, home care or hospice and if after speaking with one of their representatives your complaint remains unresolved, you may also contact The Joint Commission:

    The Joint Commission
    Division of Accreditation
    Office of Quality and Patient Safety
    One Renaissance Boulevard
    Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181
    Phone: 1-800-994-6610
    Fax: 630-792-5636

    You also have the right to file a complaint with the appropriate oversight boards including the Colorado Medical Board, the Colorado Dental and Podiatry Boards and the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies. For Kansas facilities, this includes the Kansas State Board of Healing Arts, the Kansas Board of Nursing and the Kansas office of Health Occupations Credentialing. Contact information will be provided by a facility representative upon request. If you, the patient/family member, are dissatisfied with the report from the hospital CEO/COO or designee, you may contact the Colorado Department of Public Health, Health Facilities Division, 4300 Cherry Creek Drive South, Denver, CO 80246-1530, phone: 303-692-2904. The Patient Representative is available to assist with this referral if requested by you. Upon receipt of the written grievance, the Colorado Department of Health will, within 7 days, notify you that an investigation has been initiated. A report in writing will be made to you and to the hospital as to the State's findings and/or recommendations within 14 days of notification, as according to Colorado Regulatory Statute 25-1-121.

    Civil Rights
    Centura Health does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, religion, creed, ancestry, sexual orientation, and marital status in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment. For further information about this policy contact Centura Health's Office of the General Counsel at 303-804-8166 (TTY: 711).

    Review sections for grievance procedures:

Search: Current Site All Sites